Innovative Bio-based Products: Investment, Environmental Impacts and Future Perspectives
With €2 trillion in annual turnover, the EU's bioeconomy sector is at the core of the Union's strategic activities.
Innovative bio-based products represent a key part of the whole bioeconomy, as they can:
- replace existing products and upgrade product functionalities;
- boost the economy and create new market segments;
- foster environmental sustainability.
The "Innovative bio-based products: Investment, Environmental Impacts and Future Perspectives" conference will will present key insights on the environmental impacts, investment potential and innovative aspects of selected bio-based products, as well as considerations on:
- Full Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of case studies comparing bio-based with fossil-based products.
- EU success stories, with insights on the bio-based sector and the investment potential it offers.
- Top emerging bio-based products, their properties and industrial applications.
Three parallel interactive sessions will look into these specific topics, fostering the exchange of views and experiences and highlighting further visions on this emerging market.
The insights presented during the event are the result of a study conducted by a Consortium including COWI, Utrecht University, the University of Bologna, Fraunhofer ISI, Bio-Based World News, and Ecologic Institute on behalf of and financed by the Directorate-General for Research and Innovation of the European Commission.
The conference, a full-day event for up to 250 participants, welcomes an interdisciplinary audience of policymakers, investors, industry and SMEs, researchers and academia, NGOs and civil society.
More information on the conference is available on the Bioeconomy Policy website of DG Research and Innovation.
Please register here by 4 May 2018.
For any assistance, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.