7th Workshop on Fish Protection and Downstream Migration
The 7th workshop of the forum will take place from 18 to 19 April 2018 in Dresden (Germany) and will be the last event in the second cycle of the forum on "Fish Protection and Downstream Fish Migration".
The main three topics of the workshop will be the following:
- On the way to a set of rules for fish protection and downstream fish migration
- What is our current level of knowledge about technical downstream fish migration and conservation measures, and what rules can be considered as generally accepted?
- Research priorities for fish protection and downstream fish migration
- Which research questions on downstream fish migration and fish protection measures are considered priorities?
- Success factors for the initiation, monitoring and implementation of fish protection and fish downstream fish migration measures
- Which guidelines of cooperation should apply to a successful implementation of measures?
- How can the safety of authorities and operators of hydropower plants be improved (inter alia: cooperation, funding opportunities)?
During the workshop a poster session on this topic will present planned, ongoing or recently completed projects and initiatives.
The results of the workshop will be published afterwards on the event website.